Initiative to boost board fundraising
According to one large scale survey, over 70% of all EDs complain about their boards' failure to adequately engage in fundraising. Given the increasing importance of individual donors to the nonprofit business model and that boards are key to any individual donor strategy, this weakness is a critical one facing our sector.
The Capacity Collaborative is providing funding for capacity building projects aimed at strengthening board capacity for fundraising. The projects will be executed by Consulting Within Reach and are meant to catalyze long term change among boards.
Eligible projects will include one or more of the following components:
- Assessment of the current board's expectations and readiness in fundraising
- Executive coaching for the ED's leadership in this area
- Board training in fundraising skills
- Board fundraising strategy
Eligible organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Annual budget over $750K
- Existing "give/get" policy with at least 90% compliance
- At least 10% of revenue derived from individual giving
The application process is the following:
- Email email@example.com with a 1-2 paragraph description of the current state of your board fundraising
- Semi-finalist agencies will be invited for a phone interview
- Selected finalist agencies must submit a letter of intent from the board chair
For more informations, please contact the Capacity Collaborative.